How Onion Hair Oil helps prevent hair loss and regrow your hair
Do you suffer from hair loss? If you are someone who has noticed your hair thinning or is losing your hair, you may be thinking about what you can do about it. There are several different ways available, but one of the most popular is onion oil. So in this article, let’s take a look at what onion oil can do for your hair and why it should be a part of your hair care routine.
What is onion hair oil?
- Onion oil has been used for centuries as an effective treatment for many ailments. It is also used to beautify the skin and improve the hair’s condition.
- Onion Hair Oil is a very simple concoction made from fresh onions. It is made simply by taking the onion and squeezing it into a bowl. The juice is then left to sit for a few minutes. Once it has had time to settle, it is then mixed thoroughly with a carrier oil such as grape-seed oil.
- Also, it can be produced by heating onions and pressing them to remove the liquid. This liquid that contains onion oil can then be applied to different areas of the head. The oil contains an active ingredient called Allicin. Allicin has a number of properties that make it useful for the treatment of different hair conditions.
- It can be used to revive damaged hair. It is also used to help promote healthy hair growth. The oil can be used to revitalize a hair care product. For example, if you are experimenting with a new hair care product, you can add some of it to the mixture and test its effect on your hair.
How to apply?
- You do not need special skills or equipment to use onion hair oil. Simply take the onion and squeeze it into a bowl. Once you have squeezed out all of the juice, mix in the carrier oil. Generally speaking, the more carrier oil that is used, the less often you will need to apply the oil to your hair.
- You can simply rub the oil into your hair. Alternatively, you can hold your hair underneath a warm water tap and lightly rub the oil into your hair.
- Make sure that you leave it on your hair for around 20 minutes. This will allow the onion hair oil to absorb into your hair. Remember to gently comb your hair to remove any tangles. Make sure that you wash your hair after a few hours of application.
How often should you apply?
This depends on the type of hair you have. If you have oily hair, then you will probably need to apply the oil a couple of times a week. If you are like me and have a dry, oily scalp, then you will probably need to apply the oil twice a week.
Following are the benefits of onion hair oil:
- Repairs breakage and damaged hair
- Effective in breaking up any dirt or debris clogging up the hair follicles.
- Helps to encourage healthy hair growth and promotes the development of new hair.
- Controls the formation of split ends
- Prevents hair loss
- Softens and conditions the hair.
- Has anti-fungal properties that prevent the hair from developing dry ends or cuticles
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that help to condition the scalp and prevent dandruff
Precautions to be taken while using onion hair oil!
While the onion oil can help repair damaged hair, it can also cause some damage. The oil can cause hair damage when it is left on for too long. The oil can also cause damage to the follicles and can be harmful if used in large amounts.
Some of the other side effects of onion hair oil include headache, dizziness and possible skin irritation. While it is not harmful to use this, it is advised that you avoid putting it on the scalp where hair growth is present. Also, avoid using onion hair oil on the part of the hair which was chemically treated or colored.
Onion oil is an effective and low-cost alternative for high-end treatments that don’t always work. Call it cost-efficient, or just a working miracle, this organic and ayurvedic solution does solve all your hair concerns. Try it out for yourself and enjoy the benefits of this all-natural hair care product.